Marketing Tool Kit
Working together to promote our organizations to the Inland Empire
Announcing and Promoting your IEUW Community Impact Partnership
Inland Empire United Way is pleased to partner with you to impact the lives and futures of low-income individuals, families and their children in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability in the Inland Empire.
Your program is important and worthy of attention. Publicity and media coverage will help ensure the success of the funded project, your organization, and Inland Empire United Way. We wish to partner with you in marketing our organizations to the Inland Empire. To help you communicate the impact of your work and our partnership, we have created a Community Impact Partner Marketing Tool Kit.
Inland Empire United Way is always interested in capturing the stories of our Community Impact Partners. Compelling storytelling helps communicate to our donors the importance of supporting programs like yours. We often feature stories of our Community Impact Partners in our marketing materials, including our newsletters, social media, and website. If you have a story that you would like to share, please contact Laurel Eriksen, Marketing Manager.
The following materials are intended for the use of IEUW Community Impact Partners and will help you get the recognition your project and organization deserve. Here are some suggested ways to announce your program’s grant award:
- Issue a press release announcing the grant award. Utilize the Sample Press Release as a guideline
- Consider hosting events to mark your program’s major milestones. Include donors, elected officials, and community leaders in photo opportunities. Invite media to cover the event and distribute a pre- and post-event press release with newsworthy highlights, as appropriate.
- Social media is a powerful tool for sharing news of your organization with a potentially large number of people. Post your announcement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Utilize the Sample Social Media Posts as a guideline
- We will be promoting our partnership in our social media channels. “Like Us” on Facebook and “Follow Us” on Twitter. To amplify your news to a broader audience, you should comment on and share our posts as well as create your own content to share
- For greater social reach, tag us @ieUnitedWay and use the hashtag #IEUW
Offline and Online Publications
- Feature the grant award in newsletters, eBlasts, donor update letters, and on your website. Include a compelling photo of the program or the residents you are serving.
- Download the approved United Way logo and brandmark for Inland Empire United Way
- Logo usage guidelines
- Community Impact Partner or
- Inland Empire United Way Community Impact Partner
// SAMPLE PRESS RELEASE //
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Name, Organization, Title
Contact Phone Number and Email Address
ORGANIZATION RECEIVES GRANT FROM INLAND EMPIRE UNITED WAY FOR XXX
City, CA (DATE) – Organization is pleased to announce it has received a $XXX grant from Inland Empire United Way. These funds will support the (program name; details).
(Briefly summarize the project. Describe who will be served by the grant, the overall goal and how it relates to your mission. Indicate any other sources of funding.)
(Insert short quote from your president, executive director or board chair about the impact this grant will have on the organization and its project.)
A vital part of Inland Empire United Way’s mission is partnering with other results-oriented nonprofits in the region that are equally dedicated to improving the lives and futures of low-income families and their children in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability in the Inland Empire. Each year, a volunteer review team – comprised of local donors and community representatives – conducts a diligent review of programs to determine the best investment of United Way’s dollars.
(Ask IEUW to supply a quote and specific language regarding your grant type by emailing Laurel Eriksen, Marketing Manager)
About your organization
About Inland Empire United Way
Inland Empire United Way is committed to improving the lives and futures of children and families in need by investing in Education, Health, and Financial Stability. We are proud that contributions given local, stay local and an impressive 88% of every dollar is invested in direct program activities. By partnering with a network of local nonprofit organizations, United Way delivers critical services to our community, connects individuals in crisis with needed resources through 2-1-1, and increases the power of local charities by providing dedicated volunteers.www.ieuw.org
# # #
// SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS //
[Your organization’s name] is excited to announce that we were awarded a $XXk grant from @ieUnitedWay! [Insert link to the press release listing your grant award] #IEUW
Thank you @ieUnitedWay! The $XXk grant will directly impact [list your program’s goal] in the Inland Empire. [Insert link to the press release listing your grant award] #IEUW
Facebook fans, I am excited to announce that [your organization’s name] received a grant from @ieUnitedWay! We are looking forward to [briefly explain what your grant will be used for]. [Insert link to the press release listing your grant award] #IEUW
We have great news! [Your organization’s name] received a grant from @ieUnitedWay to [explain what your grant will be used for]. Read more: [Insert link to the press release listing your grant award] #IEUW
[Your organization’s name] received a grant from @ieUnitedWay! [Attach the program representative photo] #IEUW
So excited to announce that [your organization’s name] was awarded a grant from @ieUnitedWay! [Attach the program representative photo] #IEUW