The Domestic Peace Corps
AmeriCorps, often called the “domestic Peace Corps,” is a National Service opportunity and part of a country-wide, changing-making movement of over 1 million AmeriCorps members leading change in their local communities. Coming from a range of backgrounds, AmeriCorps members with IEUW commit to serve full-time for at least 1,700 hours and 11-months, receive a living stipend and extensive professional development, and build local capacity and volunteer infrastructure at nonprofits and public schools in the Inland Empire.
AmeriCorps VIP Fellows
Join us as a full-time, 11-month AmeriCorps VIP Fellow in service to our community. AmeriCorps VIP Fellows receive a living stipend, education award, extensive professional development, networking and resume-building opportunities, and other benefits. This opportunity is ideal for recent college graduates, and those looking to gain experience in education and/or nonprofits. To learn more about the VIP Fellowship and application process, please contact Alisa Lemke at ALemke@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 227.
Speakers & Workshop Facilitators
Share your professional expertise with AmeriCorps members to help them in their year of service and future careers. Topics include professional communication, teamwork, leadership, public speaking, resume building, job interviewing, and other skills that will help them improve lives in the Inland Empire. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Alisa Lemke at ALemke@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 227.
Volunteer at an AmeriCorps Partner Site
Connect with our AmeriCorps members to find volunteer opportunities in the Inland Empire. Some examples include helping high school students apply to college, teaching elementary students about your career field, and mentoring youth of all ages. To get started, please connect with an AmeriCorps VIP Fellow at one of our Partner Sites listed below:
- Arrowhead United Way is a volunteer driven organization that actively supports health and human services. To volunteer, please contact Annalisa Ramos at AnnalisaR@ahuw.org or (909) 884-9441.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Inland Empire helps children realize their potential and build their futures. To volunteer, please contact Dillon Chesnut at DChestnut@iebigs.org or Shenel Hughes at SHughes@iebigs.org or (909) 213-1013
- C.A.S.A. of San Bernardino County provides quality court-based advocacy for abused and neglected children. To volunteer, please contact Oliver Hughes at OliverH@casaofsb.org or (909) 881-6760.
- Fontana Adult School enables adults to acquire the skills needed to be successful. To volunteer, please contact Daisy Lopez-Batres at DaisyL@fusd.net.
- Inland Empire United Way hosts the AmeriCorps VIP Leader to strengthen volunteer opportunities with Kids Pack, School Tools, and National Days of Service school makeovers. To volunteer, please contact Patrice Hill at PHill@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 209.
- Launch Point (Fontana Unified School District) is a partnership between Fontana Unified and IEUW to develop a college-going and career-ready culture in Fontana schools. To volunteer, please contact Cindy Puebla at CPuebla@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 201.
- Launch Point (IEUW Desert Communities Region) is a program developing a college-going and career-ready culture at schools in the High Desert. To volunteer, please contact Christina Minghelli at CMinghelli@ieuw.org or (760)780-7908.
- Launch Point (Pomona Unified School District) is a partnership between Pomona Unified and IEUW to develop a college-going and career-ready culture in Pomona schools. To volunteer, please contact Elizabeth Cho at ECho@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 210.
- Promise Scholars prepares all Ontario-Montclair School District students to be successful in a global society by increasing their high school completion rates and college going rates. To volunteer, please contact Christine Wheaton at CWheaton@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 245, or Amber Schreckengost at ASchreckengost@ieuw.org or (909) 980-2857 ext. 215.
- Summit High School is a public high school in the Fontana Unified School District. To volunteer, please contact Cwamne Howard at (909) 357-5950.