Desert Communities Region
Initiatives benefiting High Desert residents
Making a Difference in the Desert Communities
Inland Empire United Way is committed to helping to strengthen the High Desert. Our local staff and office in Apple Valley are dedicated to identifying local needs, generating resources, and making a difference for High Desert residents.
Creating Lasting Change for Children and Families:
Our mission is to engage the community to improve the lives and futures of those in need in the Inland Empire by investing in Education, Health, and Financial Stability. We are excited to bring that same focus to the High Desert and to help move more individuals and families from poverty to self-sufficiency. We are proud that 88% of every dollar is directed to program activities to help local residents.
Initiatives Benefiting High Desert Residents:
- 2-1-1 San Bernardino County – Connecting families and individuals in need with health and social services through a free confidential phone line and website available 24/7.
- Kids Pack – Feeding homeless and low-income children with a backpack of nutritious food every weekend during the school year, ensuring they are fed on Saturday & Sunday and show up to school Monday morning ready to learn.
- School Tools – Collecting school supplies to stuff into backpacks and donate to needy students in our High Desert communities at the beginning of each school year.
- Launch Point – Equipping today’s youth for tomorrow’s careers through a combination of college and vocational information and inspiration delivered in two local school districts.
- ieVolunteers – Helping residents to give back by connecting them with local volunteer opportunities.
- FamilyWize – Helping High Desert families save $1,450,000 by reducing the cost of prescription medicine for children, families and individuals.
- Bus Passes for Employment – Helping low income, disabled, or veteran High Desert residents to look for and obtain employment with one day bus passes received by Victor Valley Transit Authority.